Types of plastic cards
Plastic cards can be used for all kinds of discount and savings systems, as gift cards, passes, keys for hotel rooms. Among the wide variety of various types of cards, there are several of the most common in our everyday life – discount cards, bank cards, travel tickets in the format of a plastic card.
By type of cards are divided into:
Bank payment cards:
Universal school card
Driver’s license, tech. car passport
MP card for voting
Payment cards (electronic travel card, iCard)
Fuel card (BERLIO)
Telephone cards (wired, wireless and IP-telephony)
Digital TV access cards
Parking Payment Cards
Cards with activation keys for software and computer games
Accumulative / bonus cards.
By printing plastic cards for one purpose or another, you can attract new customers or thank existing ones for loyalty. With the right approach, a plastic card can become a factor in influencing the company’s image and affect sales growth.
Ways to write information to the card:
- Graphic recording – the earliest and simplest form of recording, is still used for all cards, for example, for bank cards: surname and name of the card holder, account number and information about the issuing bank, and a signature sample is also provided. Subsequently, the surname and name began to be mechanically squeezed out – to embroider
- Embossing – mechanical extrusion of information on a card in the form of embossed signs, which allows to speed up the payment process by printing all the necessary information on a slip.
- Bar coding – printing encoded information on a card in the form of strips of contrasting color, usually black and white, for better protection, barcodes are coated with an opaque layer to the naked eye and are read in infrared light.
- Magnetic stripe coding – magnetic recording of information in the most common standard with a three-track magnetic stripe usually contains: – on the first track – the card number, name of the holder, expiration date of the card, service code (maximum record length – 89 characters); – on the second track – card number, expiration date, service code (up to 40 characters). A service code is a two-digit code that defines the types of operations that are valid for a given card, for example, 03 — operations performed by an ATM; 20 – operations require authorization by the issuer, – on the third track, the PIN code is most often recorded.
- Chip – a chip with an integrated circuit integrated in the card, which is used to store information. Chip cards are commonly called smart cards.
We at Papaprint produce quality plastic cards for any business. We will take on the entire process of manufacturing plastic cards, starting from design and ending with printing.
For regular customers discounts apply! Tempting, isn’t it? Fill out the form and we will contact you for advice. Or call us at +373 68 499 499
Types and prices of cards can be viewed here https://papaprint.md/plastikovye-karty/